Thursday, July 7, 2011

Life In Express

It is nearly six months at Express now. Having started my good old journalistic career again, I am seeing the same old used things in a different scenario. This career is still new to me as I embraced it after nearly four years. So many things have changed. I deal with city news, page 2, 3 and 4. Sometimes more work and some other times less. But everyday is definitely a challenge - to coordinate and to see that pages go on time.

Everyday is not a same day here. That's how it is, like it was earlier in DH. The only similarity in both offices is that I am seeing the same kind of news flow. I am working with Adobe Indesign, not Quark to which I am very much used.

Though I took time to adjust to the new environment, it all happened so quickly it seems now. Yet there are so so so many things to learn, to try and to understand in my new innings. With some of my good colleagues leaving the office, the work pressure is increasing day by day.

No comments: