Tuesday, February 3, 2009

ನ್ಯೂ ಇಯರ್ ೨೦೦೯

The new year - 2009 - has already started and a month is over. New year. New challenges.
I have not blogged for all these days. Though I wanted to update, I couldn't. I wanted to make some new year resolutions but later thought what is the use of making new year resolutions when none of them would be achieved. If I had made such resolutions, the fitness regimen would have topped the list. Yes. Badly I need to get into a fitness regimen or simply a regular walking schedule. I wanted to change my lifestyle and come out of the old things. Then reading a lot could have also joined that list. At least one hour of reading everyday. Though I have built up a libray of 30 and odd books for myself little I have read. And it is quiet a long time I bought any books. The last one I bought was Nimma Magu by Anupama Niranjana which I liked. It is a book about children.

Now my family is talking a lot of time. My six-month-old child Akash is with me. His growing up is a wonder for me. I am amazed at his growth everyday and wonder how my parents had felt while seeing me growing up. This is indeed a wonderful phase of each human's life, i believe. He is recognizing me and with him I spend a high quality good time. He has become my aankhon ka sitara nowadays.

The year 2009 signals the end of the first decade of 2000. A lot of changes happened in the last nine. The country has witnessed tremendous, pathbreaking changes in the last eight years. The biggest, i believe, is the advent of internet into all parts of the country.
Barack Hussein Obama has just been sworn in as the 44th President of USA. I watched the swearing-in ceremony live on news channels. Said to be the largest swearing-in of any US President, the event had more than a billion viewers glued to the TV. Obama has been praised as a man of change.

India is gearing for the next general elections. Hardly two months away.

No comments: